Monday, March 17, 2008

Obligatory Irish post


Here's my 6'1" quad-fish...something green for St. Patrick's Day. NOT Irish.

I'm not Irish, I'm Scottish. I don't disagree with St. Patrick's Day I just don't really get why everyone pretends to be Irish for a day when they don't give a hoot the other 364 days. Oh yeah, that's right: an excuse to get sh*t-faced with no repercussions; a free-pass in the world of binge drinking. I, myself, don't really enjoy getting sh*t-faced...I prefer to get pissed. I like to think of St. Patrick's Day as Cinco de Mayo, but with Guinness and corned beef hash instead of Corona and tacos.


EVERY day is a lovely day for a Guinness, not just March 17th!!

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the folks that go out and celebrate the Irish blood that has never flowed through their veins, I just don't think it's fair to the Irish; belittles them by letting every Tommy, Colin and Seamus pretend to be Irish for a day under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol...and forget it all the next morning. It is fun and I've participated in the past, but I'm sort of over it now; binge drinking has lost its appeal. I'd prefer to drink a couple Guinness at my house with my dog and Katie and watch a move and sip some scotch tonight...but I'm not like the other kids.


Green beer is NOT natural. Walk away from the green beer, people...

Oh and I think people should at least know what or who they are celebrating. Check out all the other saints that are memorialized on March 17th...Saint Patrick isn't alone!


Irish Grimace?? C'mon, now...

So, to the millions and millions of people that choose to be Irish for one day of the year, have fun; I'll pass. Enjoy that pint of Guinness--much the same way you'll enjoy the Corona on Cinco de Mayo--but do everyone a favor and don't be a dumb-ass tonight; we all know there are enough dumb asses out there. Happy St. Patrick's Day.


Spiderman. NOT Irish

No comments: